HIRE A BIKE OR E-BIKE FROM OUTSIDE SPORTS
We have premium bikes and e-bikes to rent for everyone in the family at our Queenstown, Wanaka, Tekapo, and Te Anau stores. Whether you’re hardcore enduro athlete, you want to ride a rail trail, head away bike-packing, or your family just wants to cruise around the lake, Outside Sports has the right hire bikes for you.
Every bike hire helps build better bike trails
Outside Sports is proud to contribute $2.50 of your bike hire towards the upkeep and extension of the Queenstown, Wanaka and Te Anau bike trail networks.
BIKE RENTALS INCLUDE
- Free helmet, bike pump, and spares kit with any bike rental.
- Free knee and elbow pads with all Downhill Mountain Bike rentals.
- Peace of mind knowing that your bike has been serviced after every rental.
- Personalised fitting to your bike by our friendly expert staff.
What kind of bikes are available to hire?
We have a wide range of bikes to suit anyone’s requirements for the journey ahead. Choose from full suspension downhill (Queenstown only), enduro or trail mountain bikes (Wanaka and Queenstown only), hard tail (Queenstown, Wanaka and TeAnau) or full suspension E-mountain bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka only), hard tail mountain bikes (All Stores), good quality road bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka) and gravel bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka).
Choose Your Ride
Outside Sports stocks the best range of top-quality bike rentals for all ages and abilities. Choose the best-suited bike for you from our list below:
- Hardtail Bikes (Front Suspension Bikes)
Hardtail bikes are great for family biking adventure and cruisy rides.
- Full suspension Enduro and Cross Country Bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka only)
Perfect for all-mountain and cross-country rides, good for climbing and a little comfier on the bumps.
- Downhill Bikes (Queenstown only)
Get your adrenaline fix riding down some of the best tracks in the South Island.
- Kids Bikes
For children above the age of 7 years - Childs seats and tag-alongs are also available.
- Premier Bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka only)
Test the best - top end bikes from Scott Bikes.
- Road Bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka)
Tear up the tarmac - scenic, easy routes and challenging climbs are plentiful in the South Island around our bike rental branches.
- Gravel Bikes (Queenstown and Wanaka)
Enjoy riding our easy gravel bike trails in the Southern Lakes - We are lucky to have a good number of varied scenic, easy routes and challenging climbs where we live. Please ask our bike team for more information on a good trail to ride for you.
What bike rentals include?
• Free helmet, bike pump and spares kit with any bike rental.
• Free knee pads and downhill helmet with all Downhill Mountain Bike rentals.
• Peace of mind knowing that your bike has been serviced after every rental.
• Personalised fitting to your bike by our friendly expert staff
How to book bike rentals
Step 1: Choose your location
Steip 2: Choose the date and pick up time
Step 3: Choose your bike and add ons
Step 4: Check out
You will receive a confirmation email after the payment is confirmed.
Does your rental include an insurance?
You can add an insurance while you are booking the bikes online and in-store. The accidental damage coverage up to $500 for your bikes costs $10 for 2-4 hours of rental. The accidental damage coverage up to $500 for your bike costs $15 per day.